Inflammation / Joint Injections in Goose Creek SC
No one looks forward to a medical procedure involving needles, but a quick injection could eliminate chronic and life altering pain. The right injections can offer relief from nerve, joint, muscle, and spinal pain in just hours. At our Charleston area clinic, we combine these kinds of immediate relief with other treatments that repair the cause of the inflammation for permanent results. Do not resign yourself to a lifetime of pain or reliance on medications that leave you disorientated when you can utilize tools like inflammation injections to find relief now.
What Are Inflammation and Joint Injections?
Your body creates a unique hormone that can relieve pain when you are injured or stressed, but your adrenal gland can only produce so much at a time and only for a short period. Injecting a synthesized version of this hormone will produce pain relief at the spot where it is needed. It also lasts a lot longer, with some patients going months between injections. Sarapin shots can relieve nerves that keep sending out signals of pain due to compression or joints that hurt due to arthritis or wear. Since these chemicals relieve inflammation in general, they reduce swelling and heat in addition to pain. The needle is used to penetrate into the joint or area around the nerve so the medications are delivered right where they are needed. Soft tissue can also be treated quite successfully with this type of therapy. If more serious pain blocking effect is needed, mild anesthesia can be injected in the same way.
The Benefits Of Inflammation Injections
If the doctor at Back 2 Health Physical Medicine decides you are a good candidate for injected inflammation relief, you may enjoy benefits like:
- Localized pain relief – irritation in just one knee can be solved without affecting the rest of your body.
- Rapid relief – the pain could start fading before you even leave the office.
- Long lasting results – one injection could last weeks.
- Few side effects – you will not have to miss work for weeks, as you will with surgical options.
- Restored range of motion – relieving inflamed muscles and nerves could help you move more freely.
- Dependability – these injections usually work even for patients that do not respond to other pain killers.
- Quick – there is no need for long healing periods or hours of treatment in the office.
What Problems Can Be Treated With These Injections?
You do not have to be suffering from severe rheumatoid arthritis just to enjoy the quick relief of an inflammation injection. This kind of treatment is recommended for conditions that include:
- Back pain, neck pain, and other forms of chronic pain
- Herniated disc and bulging disc issues
- Reoccurring headaches and migraines
- Sciatica and other types of inflammation that affect the hip
- Arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Pinched nerve
- Knee pain due to injuries, age, or joint degeneration
- Shoulder inflammation and limited range of movement in the elbow or wrist
While Sarapin injections are great temporary treatments for pain, they cannot resolve the originating cause of the problem. At Back 2 Health Physical Medicine we use these techniques to quickly help patients feel better. It is crucial, however, to follow up with further diagnostics and other complementary treatments. Investing in inflammation reduction before chiropractic care or spinal adjustments will only make them more effective in the long run. With the right treatments, you could discover that you are free of swelling and pain when the injections wear off and the other treatments have resolved the issue.
SUPARTZ Joint Fluid Therapy (also called a viscosupplement) is a non-surgical, non-pharmacologic therapy for knee osteoarthritis. SUPARTZ therapy can help relieve your pain, improve your mobility, and get you back to your normal activities. Hyaluronan is a natural substance found in your joint cartilage and in the synovial fluid that fills your joints. In the knee joint, hyaluronan acts like a lubricant and a cushion in the knee.The goal of SUPARTZ JFT is to supplement poor-quality hyaluronan in your painful knee with additional highly purified hyaluronan from a natural source.
SUPARTZ therapy is a short 3-step injection process. SUPARTZ therapy is injected directly into your knee joint right in the office. We may ask you to avoid strenuous activities for a couple of days following the injection. Most patients experience little or no discomfort during the injection. If you’re concerned about the injection, talk to our doctors about ways to reduce any mild pain that may occur. SUPARTZ treatment is approved for 5 weekly injections, but some patients may benefit from only 3 injections.
When you have knee osteoarthritis, the hyaluronic acid (HA) in the synovial fluid in your knee joint becomes diluted and breaks down—reducing its natural properties. This is associated with increased inflammatory processes that can degrade the cartilage in your knee.
This inflammation causes pain receptors to begin firing during normal movement. The pain tends to cause knee osteoarthritis patients to limit movement, which in turn leads to further deterioration of joint structures and synovial fluid quality because movement is required for normal synovial homeostasis. This process can become a vicious cycle as the disease becomes progressively worse and quality of life is severely compromised for patients.
SUPARTZ Joint Fluid Therapy treats knee osteoarthritis by providing temporary replacement for the diseased synovial fluid in your knee, which is an underlying cause of your pain. Unlike oral analgesics or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) that affect all parts of your body, SUPARTZ specifically targets the osteoarthritis in your knee.
- Your knee pain is due to osteoarthritis
- You are not getting adequate osteoarthritis knee pain relief from walking and/or physical therapy
- You are not getting adequate osteoarthritis knee pain relief from pain medications, including:Ibuprofen (e.g., Advil®) Acetaminophen (e.g., Tylenol®) Naproxen sodium (e.g., Aleve®)