Non-Invasive Vascular Testing in Goose Creek SC
Your circulatory system is responsible for keeping every part of your body supplied with essential building blocks, oxygen, proteins, hormones, and many other compounds necessary for proper function. When damage or disease impairs the function of the vascular structure, waste products like urea can build up and damage organs or muscles. Detecting vascular disease, injury, and congenital complications can help you resolve serious health concerns or manage chronic conditions. Exploratory surgery and the insertion of tiny cameras were once the only options for investigating vein and artery issues. However, Back 2 Health Physical Medicine offers numerous non-invasive vascular testing options to help you discover hidden problems without the challenges of surgery.
What Techniques Are Used For Non-Invasive Vascular Testing?
Although most of your major arteries are located deep within the body, modern imaging tools allow us to spot blood vessel diseases and other issues. The tools we use include:
- Ultrasound – a high frequency sound wave bounces off soft tissues and returns an image in the same way SONAR functions.
- Pulse volume recordings – comparing the pulse volume in various extremities can help us pinpoint clots or constrictions.
- Exercise testing – recording the movement of blood as you exercise provides surprising details.
- Vein and artery mapping – safe dyes are used with imaging technology to note congestion or blockages.
Why Do I Need Vascular Testing?
Patients who already have a diagnosis for illnesses like peripheral artery disease and renal artery disease need to monitor their system with tests on a regular basis. Non-invasive options from our Goose Creek team is the easiest and least painful way to stay updated on your health. Catching the worsening of the vascular disease early will help you prevent irreversible damage by adjusting your treatment routine. If you consider yourself perfectly healthy, you may still have plaque deposits or cholesterol silently building up in your major arteries. A vascular test is the best way to rule out these circulatory system concerns, especially as you age.
What Symptoms Indicate I Need Testing?
For patients without existing conditions, there are many symptoms that could indicate a hidden circulatory issue. Unfortunately, most of these symptoms are also linked to dozens of other diseases and disorders. Seeking out non-invasive vascular testing could help you quickly rule out the possibility of deep vein thrombosis or other life threatening problems. Visit us as quickly as possible if you are experiencing:
- Speech difficulties or a continuous feeling of a lump in throat
- Pain and tightness in the chest, arms, or throat
- Inflammation in the calves, ankles and feet
- Ulcers on the legs and feet that won’t heal
- Color changes in the extremities
- Numbness and tingling in the feet and hands
- Cold extremities that won’t warm up
- Mild swelling, especially at the tips of the fingers and toes
If any of these symptoms appear and will not pass within a half hour, you should seek emergency medical attention. However, many of our patients experience short episodes with one or more of these symptoms on a daily basis because their blood flow is restricted.
Unlike other health problems, vascular disease develops deep within the body where it is hard to detect. Our non-invasive vascular testing tools are very valuable for people who are concerned about inherited risks for hardening arteries or dietary issues that lead to clogs. You don’t have to wait and wonder if you’re at risk for an aneurysm or stroke when we can quickly determine the health of your cardiovascular system and recommend treatment options if an issue is discovered. There’s no need for invasive surgeries when we can discover the details with ultrasound and similar diagnostic tools.